08 Nov Internship
Malaysia’s Pioneering Asset Auction House (Est. 2004)
“We are your Auction Marketplace for ASSETs including properties, banknotes, antique / art pieces and more.”
MNP commenced its operation by conducting foreclosure auction of real estate. MNP Auctioneers Sdn. Bhd. was established in 2004 and is today a well known auction company with offices in Penang and Kuala Lumpur.
It was not until 2014 to practically diversify its portfolio when MNP was appointed the first ever official auctioneer of Bank Negara Malaysia (Central Bank of Malaysia) to handle the Bank’s auction of Malaysian Banknotes with special serial numbers.
MNP further strengthened its asset auction market leadership when it launched the inaugural Straits Chinese Antique Auction in May 2017.
MNP was awarded ISO 9001:2008 in Quality Management System in year 2010 and further upgraded to ISO 9001:2015 in year 2018.
It achieved another milestone when it was awarded the National Mark of Malaysian jointly by SIRIM and SMECORP IN 2015.
Some of the notable companies who are our customers include Bank Negara Malaysia, Asian Heritage Museum, Guang Dong Bao Bao Museum Co. Ltd (China) Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad, CIMB Bank Berhad, Maybank, Hong Leong Bank Berhad, Malaysia Building Society Berhad and more. We are also active with corporate social responsibilities through a variety of Charity Auctions.
Some of the notable achievements and awards that our team (including our youthful MD) have achieved over the years include:
Conducted the FIRST Maybank Grand Auction in Dec 2004
Complimentary Letter from Maybank for Outstanding Performance from January – June 2005
All-Time Event Partner for Penang International Property Expo (PIP Expo)
FIRST Auctioneer in Malaysia to be Certified ISO 9001:2008 in Quality Management System
Best Panel of Auctioneer Nationwide – Standard Chartered Bank
Conducted Charity Auctions for St. Nicholas Home & The Rotary of Penang
Top-50 Enterprise Gold Award Winner (2011)
Chairman of the Penang Auctioneers Association
Educating Public about Property Auction through Open Seminar
The first ever exclusive official auctioneer appointed by Bank Negara Malaysia since 2014
Conducted the largest ever China artifacts auction event in South East Asia (RM119 million transacted within one day)
Conducted non-property auction such as Numismatic, Art & Collectible auction events
We look forward to having more TALENTS joining us as we move towards becoming the best in Malaysia and beyond. With good people, we can do it faster. Are you the one?
About the opportunity:
We are currently seeking a candidate for an exciting new internship opportunity based at our Kuala Lumpur or Penang office. The position is a 3 to 6 month temporary contract and will provide excellent experience to candidates interested in working in the auction world. The internship opens up potential pathways to a full-time role.
Location: MNP ArtCenter, KL & Penang
Responsibilities included but are not limited to:
- Be first point of contact for clients via telephone or clients visiting the office.
- Ensure office is clean and tidy, catalogues are neatly arranged and available for client perusal, arrange tea and coffee for clients when required.
- Support office management activities.
- Ensure office stationery is in place, order stationary as needed.
- Administrative tasks related to auction management.
- Receive and send out catalogues via courier.
- Provide support to clients and colleagues for all communications to do with post-sale and shipping.
- Work closely, efficiently and effectively with other branch post-sale teams and shipping departments, as well as our local shippers.
- In-charge & Assist in improvements to the company website.
- Distribute e-newsletter.
- Printing out & putting up Exhibition Labels.
- Maintain Office Filing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Office Manager.
- Are a POSITIVE thinker.
- Are a good COMMUNICATOR and CHEERFUL.
- Have INITIATIVE and a TEAM PLAYER.
- Are SELF MOTIVATED, COURAGE to accept CHALLENGE.
- Self-discipline and punctuality are essential.
- Computer literate (excellent knowledge of Word and Excel, Outlook is essential).
- Possess excellent communication skills (both written and spoken).
- Be reliable and capable of working well as part of a busy, highly pressurized team.
- Be well organized, with a good eye for detail and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Able to follow the retail operating hours and work on weekends and public holidays if required (Kuala Lumpur Branch).
- Monthly Wages
- Event Duty Allowance
- Sales Commission